This is the third installment of the series.
Dawn Landes vs. Colin Meloy.
Dawn Landes is playing a show at Spaceland on Monday evening.
Colin Meloy is playing a show at the Henry Fonda on Monday evening.
Who wins out?
Dawn Landes' pros:
- The show is free.
- Her new album is one of our favorite of the year.
- We love blogging about her.
Dawn Landes' cons:
None that come to mind.
Colin Meloy's pros:
- We've been on this huge Colin Meloy solo kick lately, listening to Colin Meloy Sings Live! pretty much non-stop for a week now. Then, the other night, while out walking, we noticed his name of the Fonda marquee, so it seemed pretty fitting to go.
- We've had this Decemberists-California connection for a while now. Nearly five years ago, when we first visited the Bay Area as part of the due diligence period that led to use moving there, we came with only a week's worth of clothes and a single CD: Her Majesty The Decemberists. We drove around the City, listening only to this CD, and falling in love with both. We're thinking this show would be a good close to an otherwise crappy month.
- The show is twenty five dollars more than free.
- Most events that we see advertised at the Henry Fonda seem way sketch, so we're curious why he choose that venue.