Friday, March 23, 2007

(03.23.07) Recommends:

Andrew Bird, "Armchair Apocrypha" (Fat Possum, 2007).

2007 refuses to stop with the great new music releases. Today I've got to talk about Andrew Bird. Every time I see his name, I think Andrew W.K. Every time I see his face, I think Josh Groban. That might be two strikes against him, but try this on for size: He has a music performance degree from Northwestern. According to the internet, he has taught at the Old Town School of Folk Music. He played violin in muthafuckin' Squirrel Nut Zippers. He might be the greatest rock 'n roll whistler ever. And now we all have "Armchair Apocrypha" to deal with.

This album has great music and great lyrics and, like I said, great whistling.

Andrew Bird - Scythian Empires - mp3.
(mp3 via Music For Kids Who Can Read Good)

His homepage.
His myspace.

No comments: